To be able to rent a car at RideLink you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have legally driven a car for more than 24 months (for UK and European licences, you can find the date on the back of the card)
- Hold a valid driving licence to drive in the UK. Click here to check if you can drive in Great Britain with your non-GB driving licence.
- Be domiciled in the UK, European Union, United States, Canada, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa or have held a UK licence for over 2 years.
- Have no more than 3 penalty points and 1 offence on your licence
- Have no offence from totting up, driving drunk or under drugs
And have not:
- Had more than one accident in the last 5 years.
- Been disqualified from driving in the last 24 months.
- Any convictions for or prosecutions pending under any Road Traffic Act 1988 or similar legislation in any country in which this policy is operative.
- Been convicted of or has a prosecution pending for any other criminal act other than parking offences or one speeding offence in your driving records.
- Had a motor insurance proposal declined, a policy cancelled, renewal refused or special terms, conditions, exclusions or an increased premium imposed.
Additional restrictions may apply for renters between 21 and 28 years. These restrictions are listed below:
- To drive Standard vehicles: 21 years old and 24 months licence
- To drive Premium vehicles: 25 years old and 36 months licence
- To drive Elite vehicles: 28 years old and 36 months licence
To check the category of each car, you can apply the filter by "Age & Experience requirements" on our search bar.