If you are a car owner and you wish to cancel an instant booking, you will need to message the the renter to inform them before complete the following steps:
- Click Rentals once you’re logged into your account
- Click on the booking you want to cancel
- Click the Cancel button
When an instant booking is cancelled, car owners may need to pay a cancellation fee depending on the following factors:
- If the booking will start in more than 3 days, RideLink will refund the rental amount and no cancellation fee will be applied to the car owner.
- If this is the first instant booking cancelled and the rental period is set to begin in less than 72 hours, RideLink will refund the renter for the rental, and and email will be send to the owner warning that on the next cancellation the lisiting will be removed from instant booking and fee will be applied.
- If this is the second instant booking cancelled and the rental period is set to begin in less than 72 hours, RideLink will refund the renter for the rental,but the car owner will have to pay 10% of the rental price and the car will be removed from instant booking. You can refer to our complete list of policies here.
The renter will always receive a complete refund when the owner cancels. Renters rely on the availability of their rented vehicle of choice, which is why when a car owner makes several cancellations, the owner will be removed from the platform.